A message from Trouville Management
Update on 23rd February 2021: The Trouville will be reopening on 17 May 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Firstly, we hope this finds you all safe and well.
The last few months have been incredibly difficult for so many and our thoughts go out to everyone who has been affected.
Here at the Trouville Hotel we are excited to start looking to the future, and are pleased to let you know that we will be opening our doors and welcoming guests once again.
We have always insisted on the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at the hotel. While closed we’ve reviewed all aspects of our operations, and are implementing further measures and training to ensure the safety of both guests and staff at the hotel.
Our housekeeping team are prepared to introduce enhanced and more frequent cleaning regimes throughout the building using high grade commercial cleaning products, paying particular attention to touch points such as the lift, door handles and handrails. Additional hand sanitiser stations will be in place on all floors of the hotel, and staff will be provided with appropriate PPE for the role they play within our team.
As well as continuing to prioritise cleanliness and hygiene, we will also be implementing social distancing measures in line with current government guidance. There will be a reduced overall capacity within the hotel giving a spacious and relaxed atmosphere, and we have reconfigured our restaurant, bar and lounge areas to allow more spacing between seating. Extended meal times will also be offered for a safe and enjoyable dining experience.
Inevitably guidance and recommendations will change over the coming weeks and months, however you can be assured we will constantly be reviewing the measures we have in place and make adjustments where necessary.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and staff will always be at the forefront of everything we do.
We are confident that upon reopening we can still deliver the warm, friendly Trouville experience you have come to expect in a relaxed and most importantly safe environment.
During this time, we have amended our cancellation policy for bookings so your deposits are fully refundable in the event of cancellation due to COVID-19. Therefore you can book with confidence.
Our reservations office remains open, and will be more than happy to discuss any future travel plans or existing reservations that you might have.
We look forward to being able to welcome you through our doors again very soon.
Trouville Hotel Management
What to expect
Prior to arrival
- You can book your stay online. Alternatively, a member of our reception team will be available seven days a week from 9.00am until 5.00pm. We will always guarantee the best prices when booking directly either directly on our website or over the telephone.
- We recommend that you make yourself familiar with our procedures prior to booking to ensure you understand all the actions we are taking to operate safely during your stay and to minimise the spread of COVID-19. If you have any concerns about your stay, please call us and a member of our team will be happy to answer your queries.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to your arrival, please call us to reschedule your stay. These symptoms include: a high temperature, a new and persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell.
- Prior to your arrival, a member of our reception team will in contact regarding final arrangements for your forthcoming stay. This will include discussing any special requirements you may have and explaining the check in procedure.
- Please remember that when travelling on any public transport, which includes the Isle of Wight ferries, face coverings must now be worn. We recommend keeping up to date with the latest travel guidance from Red Funnel and Wightlink.
- We will ask you in advance for your estimated arrival time as this will assist us with staggering check-in times to comply with social distancing. For your information, our check-in time is from 3.00pm. If you arrive prior to this we request that all luggage remains in your car until your room is available as we are currently unable to provide luggage storage.
- If travelling by car, please pull up outside the hotel to unload any luggage you may have, and one of our reception team will be on hand to issue you with your sanitised room key and welcome information, along with a key and directions to the car park if you are using it. Porterage will only be available on request for guests with mobility issues, and in the current circumstances your bags will be left outside the door to your room.
- We have fitted a screen to our reception desk to protect both you and our staff members, and ask you to please wait behind the line if another guest is being served and we will serve you as soon as possible.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at the hotel entrance and all key points throughout the public areas and corridors. We politely ask you use these before entering and please do not enter if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Around the hotel
- Signage is in place throughout the hotel detailing our COVID-19 guidelines including the one-way system we have put into operation on staircases, the central part of the hotel and bar and lounge areas.
- Our lift will be regularly sanitised and should be used by guests from one household only at any one time, and only if essential.
- We encourage you to use face coverings when using communal corridors.
- Hand sanitising stations will be located at key points throughout the hotel. Please ensure that you use these when entering and leaving our food and beverage areas. Please also wash your hands when entering and leaving your bedroom.
- External doors will remain open wherever possible to allow natural air ventilation.
- Our public toilets have been equipped with sanitising sprays and handwash, and disposable hand towels. However, we do encourage guests to use the bathroom in their bedrooms rather than the public facilities where possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising will take place in all bedrooms and bathrooms prior to arrival with additional focus on high touch points.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with products that comply with COVID-19 disinfection requirements.
- All non-essential items have been removed to minimise the risk of contamination. Important hotel information can be found in your welcome letter and reception can be contacted at any time if you require any further information.
- All linen and towels are professionally laundered at a high temperature for optimal disinfection.
- We will only be able to service your room while it is vacant, so please leave your sign outside the door if you are going out and would like your room cleaned. If you would prefer your room not to be entered during your stay please advise reception.
- Our restaurant has been reconfigured and we will be operating with reduced capacity in line with social distancing guidelines, so you can relax and enjoy your meal.
- Please wait at the restaurant entrance to be seated, and our restaurant manager will greet and direct you to your table.
- Tables will be cleaned, sanitised and set with fresh table linen and single use menu after every use. Condiments (including salt and pepper and sauces), will be single use and available on request.
- We are not able to offer the breakfast buffet service at the current time, therefore all food and drinks will be served to your table.
- Unless you have pre-booked half board with us, you will need to make a reservation for breakfast and/or evening meals with reception.
- Room service will not be offered at the current time, unless you are self-isolating in your room, in which instance we will deliver the tray to your bedroom door.
- All members of staff, including our kitchen and waiting staff, have had and will continue to receive comprehensive training on preventing the spread of COVID-19. Our staff will wear the appropriate PPE when on duty including face shields when serving in the restaurant, and will wash their hands frequently during their shifts.
- Please note that we will only be accepting contactless payments for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash. If you would like to leave a gratuity this can be added to your bill and will be credited to our staff fund.
Bar and lounge areas
- Our bar and lounge areas have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing. Please do not move the furniture as it has been arranged with your safety in mind.
- Please adhere to current social distancing guidelines if you are sitting in our lounge/bar areas. You should only sit with people in your travel group and a maximum of 2 households together at any one time.
- Shielding screens have been placed at the till points and the queueing area in front of the bar, and also to create extra partitioning within the lounge.
- Table service will be operated whenever possible. During busier periods you may also order drinks or bar snacks at the bar, which will then be delivered to your table.
- Regrettably, at the present time the Government guidelines mean that we are not able to offer any live entertainment in the hotel. We will continue to monitor this, and will look to reintroduce evening entertainment once again as soon as we are allowed.
- All members of our staff have had, and will continue to receive comprehensive training on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Our staff will practice good personal hygiene, including washing hands and sanitising frequently during their shifts, wearing the appropriate PPE when on duty and maintaining social distance.
- To comply with social distancing measures we will be working with reduced team numbers and a no contact protocol is in place, including handshakes with guests. We hope you understand!
- All members of staff will undergo health checks and will be sent home and asked to self-isolate if unwell.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at key back of house locations, together with signage and guidance on how to comply with regulations.
- Our hotel manager is responsible for all aspects of our COVID-19 operating procedures. If you have any concerns prior to, or during your stay please contact our reception team who will be happy to answer your queries.
- Check out time is 10.30. Please help us by adhering to this so we have sufficient time to deep clean and ventilate the room properly for the next guest.
- A copy of your room bill will be available on your departure, and we will be offering a contactless check-out.
- If you have any queries regarding the bill or would like to add a gratuity, please speak to reception.
- Payment will automatically be processed from the card details provided prior to arrival. If you would like us to email you a copy of the final VAT invoice, please inform reception. We will not accept any cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement.
- Please return your room key to the box at reception prior to our check out time of 10.30am.
- Luggage assistance will be available on request only to guests that have mobility issues. This should be arranged with reception the day before your departure and luggage left outside your door ready for collection on the morning.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before you depart and remember to have your face coverings ready for your return ferry crossing.