Trouville Hotel, a trading name of Trouville Investments LLP (subsequently referred to as “we” & “us”) respects and are committed to protecting your privacy. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. We do not disclose visitors information to third parties. Any information that you provide us with, whether it be business or personal information (such as your name, address or telephone number etc), cannot be seen by third parties.
What information do we collect or use?
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Details that you provide from filling in forms; for example, making an enquiry, subscribing to our e-newsletters, entering a competition, or booking a hotel stay. Information gathered for this purpose will never be used for any other purpose or shared with any third parties without your consent.
- Web statistics such as how many people explore the site, pages they look at, and the visit duration. This data is anonymous and is used to understand visitor needs and improve the site
- Contact you have had with us through social media platforms, email communication and phone calls. We will never collect sensitive information from you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate, relevant and up to date. Any inaccuracies will be corrected promptly. We will never disclose any information about you to any third party.
- Upon check in we may also need to collect further information from guests as required by law such as passport numbers (overseas guests only). Your data will be verified by our staff and you will be requested to indicate whether you wish to opt in and receive hotel promotional literature. Data will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- We record itemised spending to properly assemble room accounts during a guests stay, which will include room rates and other expenses billed to rooms. We also record this information to comply with financial reporting requirements and those imposed by our auditors and government authorities. In order to assure your future comfort and attention to your individual needs, other stay specific information may also be stored in the property management system at Trouville Hotel, such as your room preferences and other special requests
How we may use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make and confirm a reservation.
- To provide information or services that you have requested
- To help us manage our content to ensure it is relevant and appropriate to you.
- To alert you to company news, product upgrades, other updated information and new products and services from the Trouville Hotel
- We limit the collection, use and retention of the data to the specific information we need for legitimate purposes to administer our business, to provide you with quality service and offer various products or services from the Trouville Hotel that may be of interest to you.
How we store and transmit data
We take appropriate steps to protect data collected against unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration, and to keep such data up to date.We have policies and procedures to limit access to data to authorised personnel only.
In our reservation system
We store certain customer information and reservation details in our Reservation System. This system is a secure customer databases stored on a dedicated server hosted by a third party service provider. The stored database includes data such as guest name, address, phone numbers, position, company name and credit card information. We may also store other information such as your room, food and beverage orders, other service preferences and transaction history. Our server resides behind firewalls to protect the data collected from you against unauthorised or accidental access.
In our marketing database
We maintain a database of customer information which is used for marketing, promotion and research, understanding and analysing customer behaviour and customer profiling to improve our services. You will receive marketing and promotional materials if you have already given your express and specific consent in some data collection forms. You may elect to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mail promotions at any time.
Secure transmission & storage of data
We treat all data that you provide to us as confidential information. To prevent data from unauthorised access or leakage, we have adopted and regularly monitor our security and data privacy policies and procedures. We use SSL protocol – an industry standard for encryption over the Internet, to protect the data. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically encrypted and transferred over a SSL connection. This ensures that your sensitive Data is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. You will know that you are in a secure mode when the security icon (such as a lock) appears in the computer screen.
We fully follow the payment card industry data security standards (PCI DSS) to keep your personal data secure from malicious software. Card information entered on our website will not be accessed by any unauthorised person or company as we use 128-bit encryption. Once payment has been arranged, all card details are removed as an added precaution. This does mean you have to give your card details every time you make a payment to us but this minor inconvenience does ensure that it is totally safe.
How we track customer usage on our website
What is a Cookie?
Please note that cookies cannot introduce viruses to your computer or extract personal contact information. Your personal information will be kept by us so we can deal with your orders and process your payments. You may be able to set your browser to reject cookies, although this may affect the quality of your visit.
What about links on the website?
We may, periodically, provide links on our site that direct to external, third party websites. We have no control over the content other sites, nor the usage of information they gather.
We recommend that you always review the privacy policies at any third party sites you visit; they may not follow the same policies as us.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
E-mails about special offers and promotions and opt-out
With your consent, we may send you information about the Trouville Hotel including special offers. It is however our intention to only send you mail and e-mail communications that you may want to receive.
When you opt-in or do not opt-out from receiving promotional material either on a guest registration card or when you provide your e-mail address to us specifically and expressly in order to receive marketing communications, we will periodically contact you via e-mail and provide information about special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you.
We typically use third party e-mail service providers to send e-mails. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using your e-mail address for any purpose other than to send e-mails related to our group operations. Data will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We provide you the ability to unsubscribe from all marketing communications. Every time you receive an e-mail, you will be provided with the choice to opt-out of future e-mails by following the instructions provided in the e-mail.
Users have the following options to discontinue receiving future communications by any of the following means:
- Send an e-mail to our reception team indicating your request to be unsubscribed from a specific list.
- Click the unsubscribe button on our promotional emails
- In writing to: Trouville Hotel, 10-16 Esplanade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8LB
- You can call our reception team on telephone number 01983 402141
How long will data be retained for?
Your data will be stored for the period of time required or permitted by law. However, information that is stored by Trouville Hotel may be edited and deleted by users of such service at any time.
Data may be stored by Trouville Hotel as long as required for the business purpose for which these data are processed.
Notifications in the event of breach
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we are prepared to follow any laws and regulations which would require us to notify you of the disclosure of private information.
We may use a careers website to allow individuals that wish to be considered for potential employment to attach their curriculum vitae for consideration. We will not use the information you provide for any purpose other than to determine your qualifications for potential employment at the Trouville Hotel.
Any applications for employment will be treated as confidential and not shared with any third parties. Unsuccessful applications may be held by the hotel for future consideration unless a request has been made to be removed.
This website is not intended for children and minors and we do not knowingly solicit or collect data from children and minors. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit data without your permission.
Data Privacy Team
If after reviewing this privacy statement you have any privacy questions or concerns or would like to request access to, correction or object to the processing of your data for legitimate purposes, please contact the Trouville Hotel.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us or phoning us on 01983 402141. If you would like a hard copy, please write to Trouville Hotel, 10-16 Esplanade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8LB. Please note, a small charge will be applied.